Our New Site

Our New Site
challenges start 8th October

Translate

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Challenge #14 - Anything Goes

Jane here - Today it is my turn to choose the theme for the new challenge  and I have chosen a nice, easy one - ANYTHING GOES.  Why not  share your makes with us? It can be absolutely anything at all, as long as it includes some stamping and no digis. And as always, there is a $20 Alleystamps voucher for our favourite. Don't forget, you only need to make ONE item for our challenge, although of course you are free to make more if you wish to.


Now my lovely teamies Christi and Zoe thought I was making it too easy on myself by picking Anything Goes, so they gave me an extra challenge, all of my own. That tasked me to use my very oldest stamp, which in my case is this PSX Celtic Knotwork stamp, one I've used many, many times over the years but had been lying idle for a long time.

To go with it, I chose some very old stash too. In fact, I thought I'd completely lost this paper - I bought it when we were on holiday in Bangkok, way back in about 1998, and lost it as soon as I got home. Eventually I thought I must have thrown it away with the packaging from the souvenirs, a great pity as it was one of two huge, giftwrap-sized sheets, of hand made paper. So I was delighted when my recent craft room declutter produced it, tucked down behind a rarely-moved cabinet.

The paper is so beautiful that the stamped image needed no more embellishment, anything more would have detracted from the lovely paper. So if you discount the 16 years spent trying to find the paper, this was an extremely quick card to make!


If you'd like to use YOUR oldest stamp, too, it would be great fun to see what you unearth, but there is no need to do that (it's just me being nosey and wanting to see what's lurking in your stash).  Here are the Anything Goes cards from the rest of the team

Zoe

Now, before you rush off to make lots and lots of cards and things for this fortnight, let me tell you of one extra little rule that we've introduced for this challenge only. We don't usually have a lot of entries to our challenges, which gives us all time to visit each one and study it properly, and we're a bit worried that by having an "Anything Goes" challenge we might get swamped with entries and not be able to devote as much time to you all. So just for this two weeks, we'd like to see no more than two entries per person, please.

Late edit
We have not had an entry before linking back to a page where you have to be member or give your email address.   As a result we have agreed if any of can comment we will and the entry will get full consideration for the winner and top 3.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, I hope you do get swamped by entries, despite the two person limit. Good idea that. Looking for quality, not quantity. Love that paper you rediscovered. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunny, it is quality that we appreciate here but you knew that right! XOXO

      Delete
  2. I actually have no idea what stamp was my first purchase & since I went totally crazy when I discovered stamping I'm sure I had a bunch in my basket! I'll use my older wooden stamps which I still love! What gorgeous paper, Jane--a treasure to find & a beautiful card! Off to check your teammies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love and treasure my wood mounted rubber polymer might be convenient it can never match the quality or detail of good red rubber. Treasure your stamps Greta, we do.

      Delete
  3. I'll be definitely playing along- and might well dig out some of my oldest stamps- thats a fun challenge :-)
    as always lovely inspiration, Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing your next creation Debi your Art is always a blast, a great blast I hasten to add.

      Delete
  4. I didn't use an old stamp, but had fun putting a couple of stamps together to make a little springtime scene.
    Thank you for your wonderful challenges.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, forgot about the old stamp thing. Am going to go and dig out those old and forgotten wood stamps for my next make. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi D and D! My first time here although I've been stalking you for a while. Thank you for AG Challenge and wonderful inspiration!! I'm not sure if the noel postage stamp by All Night Media is THE oldest stamp in my collection, but it is one of the very first ones I ever purchased. It was nice to bring it out and give it some love! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's lovely to be joining you again and thank you to the DT for your inspiration. It's actually my newest stamp that I've used here as I thought it was just right for our Anniversary, hope that's OK? Sandma x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's fine to use any stamp, but Zoe and Christi challenged ME to use my oldest and I wondered if anyone else would like to join in!
      Jane

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to tell us what you think. We read all comments and they help us make this a challenge that will be even more fun for you. After all we do this for you.